Did you know there’s a best time to buy nearly everything in your home? Well, there is! Whether it’s the time to buy new furniture, home decorations, electric devices, or mattresses, there’s always a perfect window to shop. Read on to discover the right time to buy nearly everything, so you receive the most significant discounts possible!
- Kitchenware – April, May, and June are the best months to buy anything cookware and kitchen related. That’s because not only do many students graduate high school and college around this time, but it’s also the wedding season! So, many stores have massive sales during this period, to market to those moving into a new dorm, apartment, or home. Of course, you don’t need to be a student or getting married to enjoy these deals!
- Refrigerators – Refrigerators come as a significant exception in the world of kitchen appliances. As most companies come out with new models in May, this is the best time to buy an older model for a reduced price.
- TVs – Looking for a great TV? Try November, February, and March. Of course, November includes Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, if you don’t want to brave the stores, wait until February, when many stores have TV sales before the Super Bowl. Finally, like refrigerators, you can get a good deal on TVs when the new models come out. Last year’s models will be available for cheaper in March, as that’s when Japanese manufacturers’ fiscal year ends, where the majority of TVs are made.
- Carpets – The prices for carpets and flooring rise during the holidays, when a lot of people buy them before having their in-laws over for dinner. So, before the holidays, carpet dealers often stock up. In January, however, they tend to have massive sales to get rid of what they have leftover.
- Furniture – Unfortunately, all furniture will not go on sale at once. Still, there are usually good overall sales around the time companies release new models, in February and August. So try and furnish the house in January and July during massive clearances! If you’re looking for office furniture, try in October, after the back-to-school rush.
- Bedding – You’ve probably heard of “white sales” when sellers would sell bedding at a discount in January to get people into stores during a typically slow month. While “white sales” no longer must take place in January, many still do. So, take advantage and buy some bedding to start the year off right.
- Mattresses – Look out for mattress sales all year round, but the best clearance month is usually May. If you want to pick out a good bed with your significant other, the Presidents Day weekend will be just perfect for a trip to the mall. Between May and the holiday sales, you’ll get one of the best deals you can all year.
- Vacuum Cleaners – Since new vacuum cleaners usually come out in June, April, and May, this is the time to pick one up for anyone looking for a new appliance for a spring cleaning. Of course, Black Friday and Cyber Monday often also present great deals.
- Lawnmowers – Looking for a new lawnmower? Well, its no fun, but wait until after summer, once the grass stops growing. As fewer people are out there mowing, and fewer mowers are needed overall, you can usually pick up a cheap lawnmower in September.
Don’t forget to keep track of the discounts if you have a favorite shop. There are also applications for smartphones that help one keep track of deals and discounts!